Friday, May 16, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

So, this morning my 4 year old daughter comes into our bedroom wide awake and in a good mood (for a change). She says that she had good dreams last night. She dreamed of God (and ladybugs, her favorite). She asked me to come and sit beside her on the couch and said we needed to pray to God. I sat down and said "okay".

She put her little hands together and said "Dear God, thank you for my baby sister and brother in Epiopia (Ethiopia) and thank you for my mommy and my daddy and my baby brother Joshie, Amen".

I almost fell apart crying. I held her and kissed her and told her how much she meant to me and that God loved her prayer very much.

Then, later that morning while in the makeup section at Walmart, she decides that she needs to open a bottle of lotion and put some on her face. It was self tanning lotion!!!! All over her face and hands.

Kids are so precious and funny. They can take you from one emotional extreme to another.

We spent the day running errand for Joshie's birthday cookout and mailing off adoption paperwork. We are up to our eyeballs in paperwork. You would think I would be use to this by now. The other night, I joked with Mike and said that since we were having twins (not really but adopting two)that my "paperwork" labor pains must be worse this time around. He asked me if I needed an epideral. :-) It helps to keep a sense of humor about things.


No comments: